Saturday, November 8, 2008

Diwali Lights......Diwali Smile







My first Diwali was spent doing a market study for a hotel project in Gurgaon (during the day) followed by dinner at the "Home Office" with Ramesh and Hiralal.......then I asked Ramesh to take me out so I could get some pictures to share with everyone.

Along with the lights and festive atmosphere, India has it's way of keeping your thoughts grounded, as it is hard to escape the poverty that surrounds you. While stopped at a traffic signal on the way home, the car was quickly surrounded by kids either selling something or simply asking for a few rupee's. This young girl, despite the hardship she faces, shared her beautiful smile with me so that I could share it with you.

I was a fairly quiet day until the evening. Linda can attest that the fireworks are so loud, that she could even hear them while talking to me on the phone.

I fell asleep finally sometime after 1:00 am.......

Linda, we can have all of our Christmas Lights shipped to India if you would like to use them for Diwali 2009!

No comments: