Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rooftop Romance



I can confidently entitle this post "Rooftop Romance" because my wife knows that I love her....and that she is the only one for me.

And....yes......even though there is another woman....the context that I have chosen to utilize the word "romance" has nothing to do with........well the act of romancing this other woman.

One could easily say that India has "swept me off my feet"....all 200+ pounds (95KG) of me.......physically not an easy thing to accomplish......but mentally.....yeah.....I'm in love!

I love the fact that India......without warning......presents opportunities to you......to find beauty in the simple and mundane......and a single photograph can capture the essence of what makes India so unique.

This new "hobby" of mine.....photography......is much like the hobby I left back in the U.S......fishing......in the interest of saving time.....and words...give it some thought. Maybe that's why I am enjoying it so much.......

Don't worry.......I have not fallen off the reality wagon....while I do feel like I am a pretty good fisherman,I do not think that my photography is good......I take hundreds of shots (casts) and I rarely capture (catch) an image that moves me in a special way.

Now I am not suggesting that YOU need to necessarily see anything in my photography.......what I like......you may say.....YUK....beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So I present to you.....Rooftop Romance......a selection of my favorite photographs taken of a girl I saw on a rooftop from a distance.....as I get older, my eyesight is getting worse.....so I saw movement and color.....I zoomed in and started snapping.

No I'm not a "voyeur".....it was a moment....very brief.....that was presented to me and I captured some simple innocence....of a girl combing her hair on a rooftop.....oblivious that I was capturing my interpretation of the contrasts that make India a special place for me.

These photo's were taken outside of Jaipur in a village called Chomu. I was on the grounds of Chomu Palace, now a historic hotel, that I visited for a few short hours on a Sunday.

I hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

areason2write said...

i blog to differ my friend - your photographs are fabulouso!

Lloyd said...

Thanks.....but I have to tell you.....I am very much an amateur.......but....my Rooftop Girl is not too bad (I think). I think I am going to get a better "fishing pole"!