Sunday, October 5, 2008

Incredible India.....says it all!



After my wonderful lunch I asked my driver, Ramesh, to take me to Gurgaon. Gurgaon is a city 25 miles southwest of New Delhi, and will be where our permanent Corporate Office will be located. The purpose of the trip to Gurgaon was to visit a hotel that is under construction, that we are in negotiation to manage. I am in the process of putting a Financial Outlook together, but had not seen the property or it's competition. On the way, Ramesh promised to point out a statue of Lord Shiva, the deity that his son is named after. When we reached the construction site, it is much like the one I visited in August in Vizag......lots of people doing physical labor without the use of modern equipment. Here is an incredible picture of an elderly lady, working at the site, stacking 24 large bricks on her head to carry them to yet another lady......who transferred them to her head! I just watched in amazement while we were waiting for traffic to clear.......simply incredible!

No comments: