Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Second Line" - Visakhapatnam





Remember I mentioned that I woke up at 3:30am to start this trip with my flight to Hyderabad, which was just a stopover, as my final destination on day one was to Visakhapatnam or Vizag. When we landed in Vizag, we went straight to the hotel which is under construction to meet with the owner, take a quick tour and then go to dinner.....well dinner didn't start until 9:30pm and lasted until 1:30am....When I layed my head on the pillow, I had been up for 22 hours. But I am not complaining, dinner was great and so were the "Kingfisher Beers" I had with it.
This was Wednesday morning in Vizag 8:00am....day two of my trip and after 5 hours sleep....it was nice to see blue sky and white clouds!Linda is always commenting that in many of the pictures I have shared, there always seems to be a "haze" in the sky.....and yes it is true...it's like living in Los Angeles! But on this Wednesday morning in Vizag, the sky was so pretty I had to take a picture of it. And where there is Lloyd, there will be pictures of flowers.....these yellow ones had fallen from a tree above and looked so beautiful on that green carpet of grass....and I couldn't resist a picture of flowers in one of those pots! Yes.....I can hear it now..."another one of those damn pots"....enough! Well I have news for you all, I am going to figure out a way to have one at home! Later that day, I caught this great shot of a "Shepherd" and his herd of sheep......on the road of course....look at the guy in front with the umbrella.....I think the "SECOND LINE" started in Vizag!

No comments: